1.Mountain climbers challenge the limits of human ___ in their attempts to scale the world＇s highest peaks—the one who can last to the end wins.
2. Bryce’s Department Store ___ its furniture department about a year ago.
D.has been enlarged
3.Reading this book, we can ____ the main character.
4.We ____ our way through the crowd.
5. He was a good runner so he ___ escape from the police.
D.was able to
6.The children ____the playground for a break from the classroom after the bell had rung.
7.A club is a place to make frequent ____ with friends.
8.A university is an educational institute which awards degrees and ____ research.
9.Because I am her adviser, I think I ____ tell her the news.
C.should ought to
D.had ought to
10.When you study abroad, Let’s keep ___ with each other.
B.on touch with
D.to touch on
11.We prefer to discuss the plan fully -____ it in practice hurriedly.
C.rather than put
12. Young as you are, you might be just smart enough to ___ her off her throne.
13.The soup tasted so ____ that I asked for some more.
14.Riding on a bus without paying the fare ____ cheating the bus company.
15.I tried to ___the note to him in the exam while the teacher wasn’t looking.
16. The computer can be paid for in the ten monthly ___ of 100 dollars.
17.His face ____ with pain when badly hurt by the shopkeeper.
18.John was ____ to Buddhism by a Chinese priest.
19.Don＇t ____ his tricks.
20. His survival after the severe accident is a ___.
21.You voice is ____ to hers.
22. If you want to get to Shanghai by tonight, you have no ___ but to go by plane.
23. The medicine the doctor gave him ___ his headache.
24.The miler＇s younger brother is ___ in many aspects, such as painting, music, sports, literature.
B.full of life
25.The writer ____ his name in the book.